Asian-Inspired Shucked Merasheen Bay Oysters, Dragon Fruit Salad, Nueske Bacon & Mustard Dressing
- 20 Merasheen Bay Oysters
- 1 Red Dragon Fruit, Diced
- 4 tsp. Asian Mustard
- 4 tbsp. Blended Oil
- 4 tsp. Aged Sherry Vinegar
- 2 Strips of Nueske Bacon
- 12 pieces Chives
- Toasted Black and White Sesame Seeds
- Crispy Shallots
- Shuck the oysters being careful to not break the flesh and keep the natural ocean flavors.
- Lay the bacon onto a sheet tray and bake in a 350°F oven until crisp, then let cool. Once cool, cut into half-inch pieces.
- Cut the dragon fruit into small squares.
- In a small bowl blend the Asian mustard, oil, sherry vinegar until fully incorporated. Season with S/P to taste.
- Build a small bed of Himalayan pink rock salt on the plate and create five small divots in a circle. Place five oysters in the bed of salt, hinge side in the center. Spoon ½ tsp of dragon fruit, the Asian mustard dressing on each oyster. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and place a piece of bacon on top of each oyster. Between each oyster and in the center add the Snipped chives. On top of the center chives, add crispy shallots. Serve to your guests.